By Terry F. Davies
In A Case-Based Guide to Clinical Endocrinology, Second variation, a well known team of wonderful clinicians once back offers stimulating instruction and insights into a wide selection of endocrine topics, teaching readers modern administration of the stipulations defined and offering distinctive access into the literature. Importantly, a few of the very important components within the present curriculum for medical endocrine education as advised through the organization of software administrators in scientific Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism are lined during this textual content. completely up-to-date, this re-creation not just covers new remedy methods but additionally emphasizes the most recent investigative advances in either imaging and molecular diagnostics. to enhance studying and retention of information, a question-based strategy is utilized in a number of the case experiences. scholars, citizens, fellows, and practitioners will locate this connection with be an effective strategy to assessment their understanding and raise their skills and abilities in sufferer research and administration. a useful contribution to the sphere, A Case-Based Guide to Clinical Endocrinology, Second Edition, deals an identical comprehensive volume of thought-provoking case-studies that made the 1st variation of vital value to all clinicians who deal with sufferers with endocrine disorders.
Read Online or Download A Case-Based Guide to Clinical Endocrinology PDF
Best endocrinology & metabolism books
It is a 3-in-1 reference ebook. It offers an entire scientific dictionary masking 1000's of phrases and expressions on the subject of juvenile diabetes. It additionally provides huge lists of bibliographic citations. ultimately, it offers details to clients on tips on how to replace their wisdom utilizing numerous net assets.
"An Atlas of weight problems and Weight regulate is a sincerely written, illustrated colour atlas on weight problems, together with its etiology, improvement and remedy. The e-book includes approximately a hundred and fifty medical photos of weight problems and its similar stipulations, in addition to many pertinent medical directions and up to date info on review and therapy.
20 years after its discovery, recombinant human leptin has been authorized by means of the foodstuff and Drug management for the remedy of sufferers with lipodystrophy. starting with a synthesis of the significant physique of labor on its discovery, dissection of mechanisms, and results in experimental types , the focal point of this e-book shifts to a attention of the law and function of leptin in people.
This publication bargains a close replace on learn into diabetes with onset in formative years or early life. The insurance levels from primary points equivalent to examine layout and statistical research via to new rules for examine, the most recent study findings, and implications of those findings for scientific care in formative years.
- The Pituitary (Pituitary (Melmed))
- Metabolic Acidosis - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Lipids and Atherosclerosis Annual 2003
- The Johns Hopkins Textbook of Dyslipidemia
- Foundations of manual lymph drainage
- Musculoskeletal Disease Associated with Diabetes Mellitus
Extra resources for A Case-Based Guide to Clinical Endocrinology
2. Biller BM, Grossman AB, Stewart PM, Melmed S, Bertagna X, Bertherat J, et al. Treatment of adrenocorticotropin-dependent Cushing’s syndrome: a consensus statement. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93:2454–62. G. Yedinak et al. 3. Boscaro M, Arnaldi G. Approach to the patient with possible Cushing’s syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:3121–31. 4. Colao A, De Block C, Gaztambide MS, Kumar S, Seufert J, Casanueva FF. Managing hyperglycemia in patients with Cushing’s disease treated with pasireotide: medical expert recommendations.
A 12-month phase 3 study of pasireotide in Cushing’s disease. N Engl J Med. 2012;366:914–24. 3. Cooper O, Melmed S. Subclinical hyperfunctioning pituitary adenomas: the silent tumors. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;26:447–60. 4. Fleseriu M. Medical management of persistent and recurrent cushing disease. Neurosurg Clin N Am. 2012;23:653–68. 5. Fleseriu M. The role of combination medical therapy in acromegaly: hope for the nonresponsive patient. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes. 2013;20:321–9.
5. Katznelson L. Approach to the patient with persistent acromegaly after pituitary surgery. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:4114–23. 6. Katznelson L, Atkinson JL, Cook DM, Ezzat SZ, Hamrahian AH, Miller KK. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists medical guidelines for clinical practice for the diagnosis and treatment of acromegaly–2011 update. Endocr Pract. 2011;17 Suppl 4:1–44. 7. Mathioudakis N, Salvatori R. Management options for persistent postoperative acromegaly. Neurosurg Clin N Am.